Friday, April 26, 2013

Guest Post by Patricia Neely-Dorsey, Author of "Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia" and "My Magnolia Memories and Musings






Poetry Month: Celebrating Poetry ...and the South
by Patricia Neely-Dorsey 


I am very passionate about celebrating the south and promoting positive images of the south, especially Mississippi. It is very rare for people to highlight any positives about our state and region. I try to do that in my poems. I invite readers to "Meet Me and Mississippi Through, Poetry, Prose and The Written Word." I try to give a personal, up-close view of the southern way of life.  I do this through sharing childhood memories, personal thoughts and experiences.


In my opinion, a poem is a good poem when it evokes the intended emotions and paints the  intended picture. I feel that it is good when people can relate it to their own lives and when they can totally step into the poem and into the words.  In my poetry, l feel that there is a strong reliability factor for readers
With my poems, you are sure to chuckle and laugh out loud, at times, and maybe even shed a crocodile tear or two. But, you are most certain to relive, if only in your mind, some of your own cherished family or childhood memories.

Whether from North, East, South or West you will be able to relate to some of the simpler pleasures of life and some of the joys of times past that I write about.

I am so proud to say that the audience for the poems from my books Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia-A Life In Poems and My Magnolia Memories- In Poems keeps growing day by day.
The poems seem to strike a familiar cord with so many people.

The best of a book is not the thought(s) which it contains, but the thought(s) which it suggests; just as the charm of music dwells not in the tones but in the echoes of our hearts.--Oliver Wendell Holmes



Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia-A Life in Poems is a true celebration of the south and things southern. The author states, "There are so many negative connotations associated with Mississippi and the south in general. In my book, using childhood memories, personal thoughts and dreams, I attempt to give a positive glimpse into the southern way of life." The book has been called, among other things, a poetic love letter to the south and a poetic autobiography. The author invites readers to Meet Mississippi Through Poetry Prose and The Written Word.









In Magnolia Memories and Musings, Patricia Neely-Dorsey continues to "Celebrate the South and Things Southern". Her first collection of poems, Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia was called by one reviewer, a "love letter to the South". With Magnolia Memories and Musings, the love affair continues. Using personal thoughts ,observations, and childhood memories, the author attempts to give a up close and positive view into the southern way of life.









*Disclosure: I received no compensation for this publication. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.   This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...